Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Elsa's Dress. . .not exactly

Last week, I pulled out my scrap fabric to look through because I was wanting to do a project. Maggie saw this blue fabric, wrapped it around her naked self, and exclaimed that it was her Elsa dress. There wasn't a lot of the fabric, but I thought, how cool of a mom would I be if I made her an Elsa dress tonight an surprise her with it in the morning? Way cool, of course. I didn't have all the fabric to make an actually Elsa dress, so I made a generic princess dress (which surprisingly almost identical to Cinderella's dress, didn't plan that). I stayed up until 11 pm (which for a mom of two feels like 2 am) and pulled it off in about 2 1/2 hours. Mike watched me frantically cutting, stitching, and ironing all night, he was excited to see her reaction to it also. 

Well, this was her reaction. Seriously?!?! I know the sleeves turned out big, but give a mom some credit. To tell you the truth, I missed taking out one of the pins so when she tried it on the first time, she got scratched and wanted to take it off right away. I was able to get her to wear it for about 15 minutes later on in the day. Oh well. (I have to say that the dress looks cuter in real life, maybe it is the frown that makes it look frumpy in this photo).

1 comment:

Nicole and Garrett said...

What? It's so cute! Lol, maybe she wanted something a little more form fitting with a slit up the leg? :) That's amazing though...it took me 3 tries and like 2 weeks to sew a pocket onto some pajama pants (it still didn't really work). So I am very, very impressed.