Monday, June 9, 2014

The end of Spring

Spring is probably the worst season in Lubbock because once it starts to get warm (around February) and get really excited to play outside and wear shorts, the wind comes. It can be so deceiving. The forecast for the week will be sunny and 80 degrees, but in the corner is what really matters- wind mph. I have learned to check that corner first because that can make or break our day. With that being said, I am so happy that Spring is finally over and summer is here (though now we have to welcome the 100+ weather). This is how we finished our Spring.

1. Sibling love: Maggie absolutely loves Sam. She will bring him toys during tummy time, give him a kiss when he cries, and wipes the drool off his face. Sam loves all of it. He coos a lot around Maggie, which she informs me that he is talking about her. Yes Maggie, I am sure that you are all that he thinks about.

2. Tummy Time-I am trying to be better and give Sam more tummy time in hopes that he might actually crawl. It looks like he might follow his sister's footsteps and have no desire to move. At least I can tell the doctor that we tried.

3. Enjoying the outdoors-When we can, we try to go outside as much as possible. I loved growing up with a forest and green belt in our backyard. I want to raise my kids loving the fresh air and getting dirty. I think it is working. Maggie has learned to open the door and will come in and out as she pleases. Good thing she hasn't learned how to open the gate.

4. Spring Cleaning-Yeah right. The idea of cleaning went out the window the minute Sam was born. I decided just to train Maggie how to do all the chores.

 She exhausted after all the child labor that I put her through. Actually, I have had to limit what she can "clean", for example, Sam's face doesn't tend to need a wipe down.

 5. Enjoying all the rain-Yes, it heard it right. We really did get rain. Memorial Day got so much rain in such a short time, all the roads flooded. One grocery store closed for an hour so the employees could push cars out of thigh high water levels in the parking lot. Maggie enjoyed all the puddles and flooded sandboxes and backyards. Her friend taught her how to take off her clothes and go naked in the water (don't worry, the blog will remain G rated, but yes, I have pictures of her naked playing with her friends).


1. Arts and Crafts-When Sam takes his afternoon nap, we get "Mommy and Maggie Time" (Thanks Papa Matthews for the idea). We start by cuddling on the couch while reading books. Then we finish usually with some sort of art project. Maggie is a multi-media artist and believes her body is a canvas.



No comments: