Monday, April 14, 2014

Sam's Baby Blessing

Yesterday, we blessed our Mr. Sam. We didn't have family in town, but were able to have some really close friends be part of it, including Steve Cowles, Brad Evanson, Chaz Willnauer, Kevin Kim, Bryan Martin, and Mike Derrick. Mike blessed him with the name Samuel Michael Matthews. I was nervous that he might change his name to Mike Jr. (his dad changed the name of his niece per request of his sister). The blessing centered around him being a calm, peace maker and mediator. We were so blessed to be able to use the same outfit that Mike was blessed in. I knitted the white booties for him. It was a really special occasion for our family.









4 comments:

Nicole and Garrett said...

My life will not be complete until I meet this handsome little man! I am seriously impressed with your knitting.

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

I can't believe you knitted those! You need to open up an etsy shop! You guys are such a cute little family of 4!

Erinn said...

Gah! So cute! ... and knit me some booties, please! :)

Erinn said...

Wish we could have been there.