Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter Weekend

We had a fun Easter weekend with the kids, well mainly with Maggie. Sam chose to sleep through most of it. We had an egg hunt as a playgroup at the park. Maggie hadn't done an egg hunt since last year, but instincts told her that something yummy was inside these eggs. That something was usually chocolate.




We dyed eggs together as a family. This was one of my favorite traditions as a family, so it was fun to share it with the kids. When Maggie found the hard boiled eggs during our egg hunt, she got so excited because she colored it.

Sam and I participated by giving moral support.

We enjoyed another egg hunt with the ward. Maggie was so slow that she only got a few, though that didn't matter when she found that one of the eggs had two plastic rings inside. She wanted to go home and show her dad (he had to study).

On Sunday, we did our baskets with the traditional books inside. I didn't want to peak at mine, so it is still in the Amazon packaging. The Easter Bunny is a smart shopper this year. Mike got "The Bone Collector". Never had heard of it, but it got great reviews as a thriller on goodreads. I got "The Rent Collector" which I have finished and recommend it. Maggie got Jungle Book with a Snow White figurine. Sam got Dr. Seuss ABC which Maggie has taken over.


 Proof that Sam was there. I don't have many photos of him because you can only take so many of a sleeping baby.


1 comment:

Rachel & Darrin said...

I love your tradition of getting a book in your Easter basket. I may have to adopt that one. I love how much Sam looks like Mike!