Thursday, April 17, 2014

One Month

So Mr. Sam has been part of our family for one month now. Crazy. This month sure has gone faster than the month before we had him. Life has calmed down now that we are back into a routine. Maggie is healthy and happy (making everyone in our family happy), Sam is the perfect second child (super chilled, great eater and sleeper), Mike finished his two weeks in Plainview (45 min away), and I am slowly figuring out how to juggle my time between two kids (key is not to clean your house!).

When Maggie was born, I had all the time in the world to watch her grow up. But with Sam, sometimes it is hard to find time to sit back and enjoy all the little facial expressions and ponder what his personality is going to be like. I have turned Maggie's nap as Sam's time. I don't touch a single dirty dish or toy during that time. We just lay down on the couch, smile at each other, cuddle, and eventually fall asleep together.

With that, here are some photos of him from the last month. I have to be honest, he is not photogenic at all. He really is a cute kid, but most of the photos of him make him look like a floppy fatty, though the fat is probably not an exaggeration. He is a beast.

Here he is, sporty his Sunday attire (thanks Aunt Rachel!!) for General Conference. Why is it okay for him to sleep through the talks, but not adults. . . namely me?

Mike was complaining that he is always fussy when he holds him. At that moment, Sam fell asleep. See what I mean about being a perfect second child. His timing couldn't have been better.

Let's get a close up on that face. That is a face of a professional sleeper.

His one month photo. I liked how some of my friends took photos of their kids with stuffed animals so you could see how much they have grown. I thought we would try it with this man. Oh, our little man cub is starting to smile.


1 comment:

Rachel & Darrin said...

Aw, I think he looks cute, not like a fatty (maybe because compared to my kids he is a skinny baby!) I'm glad you got a good sleeper and eater, makes life so much more enjoyable :)