Thursday, August 9, 2012

We're back in Lubbock

So, people have asked me what we have been up to since being back. Not much. Mike started school this week so I feel like a full blown stay-at-home mom. Maggie is really good at taking consistent naps, which helps me plan out the day. I have got a lot of cleaning done, worked on old projects, swim a bunch, and hang out with friends. The days seem long when we stay at home all day, so I tried to get out at least for a few hours.

Maggie here is sporting her shoes that she finally grew into. Yes Josh, she is chunky. No Josh, I have not eaten her yet. 

Maggie loves her feet. Often, towards the end of her nap, I will hear a laughing noise come from her room, and there she is, just playing with her feet.

It's official, Maggie can sit by herself. She has a big enough belly that all she has to do is balance against it. She does fine as long as she is leaning forward. Once she looks to the side, she tumbles over.

We got a new toy for Maggie after we saw how much she enjoyed the exercise saucer at my mom's home. She is too short for it, so I have to put a stack of books underneath it for her to stand on.

2 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

She's so cute! Ah! Love her cheeks, but I'm partial to chubby cheeks because Logan definitely has them. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip, it seems like to me that once my family spread out I realized how much I loved them. Now I love any chance I can to spend time with them--glad you got to spend time with yours!

Nicole and Garrett said...

She is such a smiley baby! How do you like being a stay at home mom?