Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fun and Five Months

Things haven't changed much for us. We got Netflix recently and have watched too much How I Met Your Mother. Mike is taking his first test today; we'll see how he did in a bit. One fun thing we have done is go to Joyland, the local amusement park. Mike has been wanting to go since we've moved here, but I played the whole pregnancy card because I didn't want to go. Well, we had some friends watch Maggie for the evening and off we went. It is a dirty, horror film movie scene kind of a place, but surprisingly fun. We didn't bring a camera because we didn't want it to get wet. I even went on one of those rides that slowly takes you high in the sky and then suddenly drops you. I didn't want to go on it because I thought it would make me sick, but Mike pressured me into going by bribing me with $5 if I got sick.

   This was the ride that I went on.

Maggie turned five months today. I have to say that three to four months went a lot faster than four to five months. Most likely because we were with family while now we are in Lubbock. To celebrate, I gave her veggies for the first time, sweet potatoes to more exact. She gave a face that said "I don't know about this Mom", but she ate it all. I wanted to share a part of her journal that I keep for her that best tells her personality right now.

The funniest thing that you have started the last week of this month is a mating call. Yes, that is right. You, Margaret Karan Matthews, have a mating call. Bradley McClellan (Ryan and Rondy's 8 month boy) came over the other day. Brooke Cowles was having you stand while Bradley was on his tummy a bit a way. You looked his way and gave him a high-pitched squeak. That enticing call had him crawling to your feet, where you presumed to spit on him. What a great relationship.  






 

2 comments:

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Maggie is soooooo adorable! I love the mating call story, and I love that you are keeping a journal specifically for her! That's such a great idea!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

I am exactly like you! I do not enjoy roller coasters at all! I would have come up with every excuse in the book not to go!