Thursday, May 7, 2015

California Vacation: Disneyland

We just got back from California/Arizona. It was just a fun family vacation to celebrate the end of the school year. We took off Sunday morning and drove to Phoenix that night to visit Mike's mission companion, the Potter family. We stayed up way too late playing Scotland Yard (which I won, by the way), tagged along with their mommy and me tumbling class, and had a BBQ and pool party. We made our way to California Monday night, where we stayed with my Uncle Birch and Aunt Sandy. They were so kind to host us. Maggie and Sam absolutely loved their two yorkies. We had a restful Tuesday. We had lunch with my Grandma, took great naps, went to the park, and had a big dinner at Birch's with the extended family. Wednesday was Disneyland. Oh, was it a blast. We went with our friends from Lubbock, Brooke and Steve Cowles. Megan, my cousin, and her son joined us for the second half of the day. 

Waiting in line for the finding Nemo ride. Sam loved looking out of the windows, seeing all of the fishes.

The first hour was just okay for Maggie. I think she was honestly expecting to walk in to Disneyland and see all the princess. After about an hour, we saw Ariel walking down the street and Maggie was able to give her a high five. That was the turning point of the trip. After that, Maggie was in heaven.

Waiting in line for Dumbo. I was this was absolutely precious. He would sneak ahead in line and climb on the gate just to get a better look.

Maggie joined the fun too.

Yay for good friends!

Figuring out how to go up and down.

We're on top of the world.

It was fun taking turns with the kids. Sam could go on about 75% of the rides, so Mike and I would switch off who got to hold which kid. Both of them thoroughly enjoyed the rides.

You can't see him, but this is Will's favorite ride, Casey Junior Train. 

Mid-day slump. Maggie was about to fall asleep before dinner, but I kept her up so she would eat. That just gave her a second wind. She was up for 15 hours straight that day.

One of the most magically moment of the trip was visiting the Princesses. Maggie was so thrilled that she matched with Snow White.




Maggie asked all the Princesses what their favorite color and favorite dinner was? She was in heaven.



Megan was so kind to save us good seats for the parade. We were front row and in the shade! (which was nice because it was in the 90s). The parade had everyone in it. Some of the characters came up and touched Maggie's hand. Afterwards, Maggie was dancing all along the sidewalks to the left over music. 

 It's not Disneyland without "It's a small world". I remember coming to Disneyland when I was about 8. I really wanted to go on this ride, but no one else wanted to. At the end of the day, my oldest brother, Joey ran across the park with me and took me on the ride. One of those sweet memories I will always remember.


After the last ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, all three kids passed out. This is a sign of a good day.

2 comments:

Nicole and Garrett said...

Nice job! We are going to Disneyland at the end of July and I am preparing Jack now (we've been watching all the Disney movies). I'm glad they liked it!

Amy said...

Looks like it was magical!