Thursday, May 15, 2014

The best kids in the world

I know that everyone thinks that their kids are the cutest, sweetest, brightest, blah, blah, blah kids in the world. I let you on a little secret, my kids are the cutest ones in the world. Seriously, I love these munchkins so much I fear that I might squeeze their guts out when I hug them and suffocate them with my kisses. I really hope that every parent feels that about their children. 

These next two days, Mike is in Houston taking the first half of his Step 2 exam, meaning I get a lot of one-on-one time with these guys. Maggie must know that Mike is gone because she has been extra sweet today. I feel like I have to keep busy all day so that we don't get bored at home and start losing patience with each other. We went to a friend's house in the morning and the park in the evening. My favorite time of the day is from 1-4 because the first hour, Sam and I get to chill together while Maggie naps. I usually can get a lot of smiles from him. Then we cuddle together until he falls asleep. On good days, I have an hour to myself (today was only 10 minutes). When Maggie wakes up, we get our time together. I love cuddling with her on the couch while we read books. We will do art projects or preschool activities. I know this post is scattered. I guess I just want to give a shout out to my kids, and thank God for the joy I have in my life for loving them. 

Now he is a real Matthews boy with wearing a hat.

Maggie was "playing" the piano and singing the different primary songs.

1 comment:

Nicole and Garrett said...

Your kids are very cute. Exceptionally cute.