Friday, November 6, 2009

California

After Vegas, we made our way down to LA where we enjoyed the California Summer. We stayed with my Grandma because Mike hadn't met any of my extended family. Our first day there, we went to Newport Beach where we met up with one of Mike's buddies from work. We were am to go boogie boarding, build this awesome sand castle, and lay out in the sun.

My Uncle suggested to go to this Mexican street that had great food and booths.


We spent a day in Hollywood. You can't really see in this picture, but the Hollywood sign is behind us on the hill.


We agreed that we both won "Best Spouse" of the year!


Mike in front of the Beatles. Don't worry, he didn't bring a flower for them.

I not have much of a favorite actor except Tom Hanks. I walked on the sidewalks with my head down the whole time until I saw it. I was so surprised for actually finding it, I gave a small scream. The people around me gave me a weird look.

We went to watch the Dodgers play the Cardinals. It was Mike's first pro baseball game. He really enjoyed it.

Pre game
Went to Disneyland with Josh, Kelli, the boys, my cousin Megan and her boyfriend. We both had been there a couple of times so it was nice not feeling like we had to do everything.
We thought that these would make awesome Halloween costumes.

We ate at the Blue Bayou (the cajun resturant by the Pirates of the Car.). It was amazing food and the atmosphere of the place was really unique. It was the highlight of our Disney experience.

This was Mike's first time at California Adventure. I was doing pretty good about not getting sick on any of the rides until I rode the Tower of Terror. Let's just say I am not going on that ride again.



No comments: