Sunday, August 30, 2015

August

August has always seem to be the month that I take the least amount of photos. School/Work has started again, no more fun vacations to take, and we get busy with everyday life. This month, we did go up to Idaho to honor the life of Mike's grandma, Mildred Schwabadissen. She passed away at age 95 in the most joyful, sweetest way-in her room surrounded by her four children. She lived an amazing life, filled with laughter, fun, and family. She is definitely the kind of grandma that I hope everyone could have. She cared about each person on such an individual level, remembering the small details of their life and asking about them. She was a home ec teacher, so we often talked about teaching to each other. My favorite attribute about her was how excited she got for us about the things going on in our lives. She couldn't see the last few years of life, so when I asked Maggie if she was going to miss reading books with Grandma Schwabadissen (they would look at the pictures and Maggie would tell her what was happening in the pictures), Maggie looked at me all puzzled and said, "Mom, Grandma didn't know how to read." It made me laughed. I am so happy for her to return to heaven and be with her husband. Even though it was her time, I will still miss talking to her at family functions.




No comments: