Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mom of the Year Award. . .Not

First of all, can I just say that I feel like Maggie is growing up so fast. I know that every parent says that, but it just amazes me sometimes. Maggie is really happy in this photo, but that has not been the case for the last two weeks. If she could, I bet she would write a compliant to the MOMs org (if one existed) for how I have been treating her. First, we are trying to table train her (actually eat what we are eating for dinner and not chicken nuggets 6 out of the 7 days of the week). Next, our doctor told us we had to kick the bottle. I have been delaying this for the last 6 months, but yesterday we finally got serious. I wouldn't give her anything but milk in her sippy cup to drink all day. Finally by late afternoon, she caved in. There are still many tears shed over the lack of bottle, but she is doing it. To top all this off, she got two shots, has three teeth coming in, and realized that she can scream really loud during wee hours of the morning, and learned how to master temper tantrums. . . But at the end of the day, that adorable little smile gets me every time.

3 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

Logan really struggles eating what we are eating, even though that's all he ever has had. We have to constantly tell him to take a bite and he still barely eats anything for dinner. I think that's a problem with a lot of kids, as frustrating as it is...good luck with the bottle weaning too. I'm sure your doing great!

Nicole and Garrett said...

None of that makes you a bad mom :) She is so cute! I love her headband! I am dreading the day I will have to take Jack's binky away...that thing is a lifesaver. Right now I am trying to train him not to bite me while nursing. His teeth are as sharp as needles! :/

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Maggie looks so grown up in this picture! I feel like she doesn't look like a baby anymore, sad! You're a great mom! I hope the bottle weaning goes well!