Saturday, September 22, 2012

Half Birthday

Today is Maggie's true half birthday. Her latest tricks include pulling toys out of her basket, passing the ball back and forth, drinking out of a sippy cup, and taking pleasure in sharing her bodily fluids with her mom.



Mike has been doing really well in school. He has studied less this year, but has done just as well. He has been playing basketball with the ward and football with the med school. He volunteers once a month at free clinic where he learns a lot from the other doctors and practices his basic skills. With him being busy, I have developed different talents. I have always been a horrible baker so I decided to use this time to learn how to bake cookies. It started because I was asked to make sugar cookies for a RS activity. They turned out so awful that Mike wouldn't eat them. I have so far successfully baked chocolate chip cookies, chocolate walnut bars, oatmeal white chocolate chip cranberry cookies, and red velvet cheesecake cookies. Mike is thoroughly enjoying this adventure. Well, that's our life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Maggie is so cute! I can't believe she is already 6 months old! I am a horrible baker too! Maybe I should make a goal to be better. Let me know if you have any easy recipes!

Nicole and Garrett said...

Katie, you need to take pictures of the things you bake for proof :) Also you should pin your recipes. Also, I want to squish Maggie!