Saturday, June 30, 2012

Utah: Part 2

We went to Provo for two days and had a sleep over at Joey and Emily's house. It was so cute to see Ben be so sweet to Maggie.

This is Amelia, Maggie's closest cousin on the Price side of the family. Although there wasn't much interaction yet, I can see them being the best of buddies when they get older.

We met up with our good friends in Provo, though none of them live in Provo anymore. This is Austin Allen next to Maggie. I think that Maggie has a bit of a crush because she was flashing her stomach to him.

Fun to see the old gang, though we missed the Pitchforth's and Meyer's.

Maggie's newest development is the ability to grab objects and begin to play with them. I was playing Sleeping Queens with my niece, and Maggie was grabbing the cards out of my hands. I am so thrilled right now, but this feeling will probably quickly fade when she learns to bend the cards.

We went up to Mike's family's cabin the first weekend we were in Utah with the Ware and Holmes families. We hiked up to Ruth Lake (the same lake that we took my family to). Maggie fell asleep during lunch, so I had to carry her in my arms on the way down. I have buff forearms because of it.


Tom took me to shoot my first hand gun while at the cabin. I was so ecstatic to shot a hand gun. My first shot, I almost hit the bulls eye (the closest hit of the evening). 

Maggie with her cousin Jane. All of the cousins on the Matthews side have been wonderful with Maggie, loving her and toughening her up at the same time. Jane likes to play softly with Maggie, but don't let that fool you, she has given her a body slam during the kickball game.

Mike was able to meet up with his high school best friend Jared and his family Kelsey, Cole, and CJ. Jared just finished his first year at dental school so they had a lot to share.


Another Maggie development is the desire to put objects in her mouth which in turn has led to drooling. I was so happy to have a clean daughter (rarely spit up), but I guess every baby goes through this phase.

All the girls went to North Shore pool with the kids. I have learned that when you have a newborn, their needs come first. We were there for three hours, but Maggie and I were only in the water for 40 minutes because of naps and feeding. I just brought a book and enjoyed the blue skies.


2 comments:

The Meyers said...

You guys must be having so much fun! Sad we missed you...Maggie sure is growing up.

Kelli said...

I can't believe how big Maggie is! So cute. Can't wait to see her.