Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Goal

One of my summer goals is to read Maggie 200 books. I am giving myself until Labor Day to get it done. It started out with someone telling me that the Library's summer reading program is for all ages, so I went to sign up Maggie. However, they didn't ask me what my goal was (that is how Hillsboro Library did it), but all you had to do was read 25 books. Too easy. So I set my own goal. With that, Mike and I have been trying hard to read at least 2 books a day to her. At first, Maggie's eye would wander around the room, but the more we have done it, the longer she actual looks at the pictures. So feel free family to help us out this summer with reading. I really would love for her to grow up to be a reader.


3 comments:

Carly said...

I am going to have to look in to our Library...Austin has 4 books that I read to him and I am sick of saying MOO, Bark Bark, and Meow...
I need some variety:)

Elizabeth said...

It was my goal as one of my New Year's resolutions to read to Evelyn every day. At first I would occasionally forget. But now Evelyn is so into books that it's an off day if we don't read at least ten. Maggie is so cute reading!

Kelli said...

Good for you Katie and Mike! With the Price genes, you don't need to worry. She will be a reader and a genius.