Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

We started the Easter weekend with Mike's birthday. We had a few friends over Friday night for tacos and Minute-It To Win-It games. He's actually birthday was on Sunday, so we sort of blended Easter and his birthday together on that day. I am not going to lie, it would be hard to have one of our kid's birthday on a holiday because it is hard to make the birthday feel special when you are focusing on the holiday.

On Saturday, the Ward had an Easter party with an egg hunt. This was Maggie's big debut for the ward and really the first time outside (besides the times she has been nestled safely under her car seat tent in her stroller). Everyone loved her, I mean, why wouldn't you. She is the sweetest and cutest thing since puppies. Annie: we tried putting on her yellow bunny outfit that you gave her, but it was still way too big. We will have to try it on this summer for you.

Easter Sunday was my first Sunday back. It was difficult getting there by 8:30, and we can't be late since I am the one that leads the music. Before Maggie was born, I saw this dress on Pinterest that I wanted to make her for Easter. My mom "helped" me make it, and I finished the flowers the night before. I felt bad because this year we didn't focus as much of the day on Christ, but when your child is up from 1-6am, all you want to focus on is taking a nap.






5 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

The dress is adorable! Good job! She's beautiful too

Nicole and Garrett said...

Katie AHH your baby is so cute! I can't believe you made that dress, that's amazing! Happy happy birthday Mike

Megan Potter said...

what a cute dress!! and congrats on the new TV mike! We need to call you guys. sorry we haven't yet. Happy Birthday, blessing day, and Easter:) You guys look great and Maggie is so cute.

Carly said...

dress is adorable! I am impressed! I understand the 1-6am thing... I am still dreaming of sleep most days:)

bluestocking mama said...

Love the dress!