Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Greatness Part 3

So here are so more pictures of our trip, specifically the Road to Hana. There were so many waterfalls and pools to swim in. We drove the through the jungle in an open top Jeep (I called it my Barbie Jeep). We couldn't bring our camera to a lot of the really cool places. For example, there was there hike where we hiked up to the first two waterfalls, swim through a pool to get to the third, and scale up the third waterfall to get to the fourth. It was so incredible.


If any of you have seen Lost, they boys were reinacting the scene where Michael has to hide from the smoke monster and was calling for Walt. We were pretty disappointed when the smoke monster didn't show up.


Typical Garrett to have a bag of something in his hands. He was pretty attach to those Chex Mix.


This is one of the many black sand beaches on the island. We actually camped at one of them overnight because there was too much to do on the Road to Hana to make it back to our hotel.


This is a bayan tree. They are crazy. Their branches grow out and drop shoots down to add more roots to the tree. They can get enormous. I will show you another picture of a bayan tree in another post that took up a whole city block.


I just thought that our family and friends should see the reason why I married Mike. I know your jealous because not everyone can have a husband with such a nice behind.


This was the entrance to the bamboo forrest at the Seven Scared Pools. I never have seen the tops of bamboo before. This picture doesn't get the whole effect, but these trees look like they could have come straight from a Dr. Suess book.

The bamboo reminded me of a prision cell with all the bars on the door. This is my "I can't believe I'm in jail" face. Good thing I didn't go into modeling.

Hiking through the jungle. Sorry I couldn't get the picture to stand up straight.

3 comments:

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Looks like you're having a great summer so far! I love the road to hana, it's so pretty! I'm excited to go there again! You'll have to keep your Maui posts coming, so that I can get ideas of what to do when we're there!

Janeece, Dusty, Karl, Phillip, Rita, Hazel, and Sonora said...

Looks like such a fun trip! It is fun to see all the fun places you went and the exciting things you did. We hope the rest of your summer is just as incredible.

Nicole and Garrett said...

The bamboo trees are so awesome. Thank you for sharing that picture of Mike