Monday, June 27, 2011

The Bachelor Life

So Katie has been out of town since Wednesday and will be until Friday, and I've reverted back to my bachelor ways. I figure that its my duty to remind all you married guys what it takes to live the single life again. Here is my very important list of things needed and things not needed for living without a woman.

NEEDED THINGS:

1. A Man Place. This is a place where you can sit down all day long and do nothing. It's a place where your body melts in its sheer laziness into an inanimate object. It serves as your table, chair, study, clothes bin, and even your bed sometimes. Mine is my couch.

Now you may be asking yourself, "Is that all Sunday's dishes sitting by his Man Place?" The answer is yes. I never said that a dishwasher was needed, did I?

2. Basketball shorts. I believe this is self explanatory. It didn't take me long to remember that no other form of leg ware is needed for enjoying life.
Nobody is stopping me from going outside in basketball shorts and a polo.

3. 2% Milk. Because its so much better than 1%.

4. Pepsi. This is always a need--woman or not.

5. Food. This mostly consists of cereal.


Notice the bag on the left. That bad of Golden Puffs was full 3 days before this picture was taken.

6. Unlimited supply of popsicles. Because nothing screams, "I'm a man living alone," like dried popsicle sticks stuck on the counter.




THINGS NOT NEEDED:

1. Razor.
2. Toothbrush. No, no, no, I'm just joking...but seriously.

3. A made bed. Why make it when its just going to be messed up again?

Anyways, there you have it. How to be a bachelor. Its not easy work my friends.


PS. I'd like to thank all those who have kept me company during this last week. Robert and Megan Potter have done more than enough to make sure I've kept myself busy. Mark for being kinda cool. My mom for inviting me to my sister's house for dinner.

7 comments:

Katie Matthews said...

My, oh my. I can't believe that you have adjusted quite nicely without me. I like how you bought all the food that you always crave that I never get (i.e. Pepsi and popislces).

Nicole and Garrett said...

Hahaha, poor Garrett suffers through 1% milk with me!

Jodi said...

this is awesome mike! i love that you actually took and posted pictures. this whole scene looks very familiar...i think tyler lives the bachelor life even with a wife around. the beard is a good look for you.

Janeece, Dusty, Karl, Phillip, Rita, Hazel, and Sonora said...

Glad you had the courage to post about your bachelor life. I haven't met a woman yet who is willing to be honest about what life is like when their husband is at scout camp...

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Potter said...

well I'm glad you made it out alive, we were a little worried about you. But it was fun entertaining the bachelor matthews. i hope your gums don't bleed from lack of brushing all week:)