Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sam's Birthday

This sweet boy turned two this month. We started the day with a room full of balloons and a Mickey Mouse Birthday Balloon on his chair. In the morning, he got to open up one present, which was a shirt for him to wear (though it took him a few days of convincing that it is worth wearing). We spent the day doing things he likes, going to story time, Costco for samples, board games, lots of books, a long bath. It seems like a typical day, but I tried really hard to not be distracted with other things during the day and simple enjoy him. We had cereal for breakfast (and lunch if I had let him). That night, we had all the Northern Utah Matthews family come over for pizza dinner. It was so fun to have our first family birthday party. All the cousins were so sweet to him and excited to share their "boy" gifts for him. We love this happy, kind, helpful, yet silly boy of ours. And we kept him alive for these first two years, so that is an accomplishment in itself.




Sam has been talking about having a football cake for so long. He loved it. I made another sheet cake since there were so many people. I died the white frosting green to make a football field, but I didn't have enough so I threw on the left over chocolate and bit of white that I did have, swirled it together, sprinkled green sprinkles on top and surprisingly it looked like a camouflage cake. Not what I planned, but he love it just the same (sad I didn't get a picture of it).




No comments: