Saturday, August 31, 2013

The month of August and we did it!

First of all, we did it. Maggie and I survived a week without Mike. She is tucked into bed, and Mike should be home in about 30 minutes. Woot, woot!! Actually, the week went by pretty fast. Thank you all who talked with me on the phone during moments when I needed someone who would actually talk back to me in understandable English.

Second, I just uploaded the photos from the month of August. 14. I took a total of 14 photos from August. Could this be because there is no major Holidays or birthdays, we do the same thing every day, or I am such an amazing mom that I live every minute in the moment with my daughter. Let's be honest, it was because of the first two reasons. Well, here are a few gems that I was able to capture.

Maggie thinks it is the grandest thing in the world to sit in a "Maggie size" chair. She will eat her breakfast and read her books in it.

She has figured out how to climb up onto things (thank goodness not the table or piano yet). This makes playing at friends' houses and the park more fun.

I did do two photo shoots this month to practice lighting. Maggie is a challenging model, but she does do a mean elephant impersonation.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

she's so cute katie!

Amy said...

It is a big deal to survive without your husband! Jordan was out of town last week and I caught a stomach bug too. I was exhausted! Thank goodness for husbands and good Dads who are involved with their kiddos.