Monday, July 15, 2013

Fourth of July

This was our first year in Lubbock for Fourth of July. I have to say, they did not disappoint. We started the day off with the parade. Canby's parade consists of four wheelers with a bit of candy, so it is not crowded at all. In Lubbock, they go all out. I mean check out those pants next to me. Heads up Tommy, if we get your name for Christmas, you might want to expect something patriotic. 

 After the parade, we enjoyed some yummy Texas BBQ burritos. 

We spent the evening with friends eating burgers and playing outside. 

Maggie LOVED the watermelon. Did that watermelon fall into the dirt? Yes. Is she eating it? Yes. Do I mind? She has ate worst.

Sharing her dirt covered watermelon with her boyfriend.

Maggie is growing up so much. She loved running around with the older kids, throwing balls, going down the slide, and playing in the playhouse.


We ended the night with fireworks which Maggie mostly enjoyed.

4 comments:

Nicole and Garrett said...

Those pants!

Mark said...

All I can say is that I wouldn't want a roundhouse kick to the face by anyone wearing those bad boys...

The Sabeys said...

She is just too cute. and I love her legs!

Tommy said...

Katie, how do you know I don't already own a pair of flag pants?