Saturday, May 19, 2012

To make other moms feel good about themselves

Since we found out that we were expecting Maggie, I have kept a journal with all the latest stories and development. I thought that I would share a story from last night, so show my brother Josh, that although we do have an easy-going child, it is not all sleep around here.

"We love you very much and think you are perfect, but there are some nights where you are pushing that line of perfection. The last two days (5/17-5/18), I went to friends houses so two of your afternoon naps were cut short (you have a hard time staying asleep in the heat). I didn't think much of it when you fell asleep at 7pm for the night, oh but what a bad idea. You woke up at midnight to feed, but both you and me fell asleep in the rocking chair for an hour (though not the best sleep). I finally woke up at 1 am to realize that you had ate, so I woke you up and feed you for 45 minutes. Then I spent until 2:30 trying to get you to stay asleep. Finally you slept for a half hour, but at 3 am, you decided it was morning. I had your dad give you a bottle so I could sleep, but my mind was so full of thoughts that I couldn't go to sleep. There is no point for both of us to be up, so I took over. We chilled on the couch downstairs watching House while you laid on my legs kicking your legs against my chest. Finally at   5:30 am you fell asleep. You woke up for a few minutes at 7:30, but went back to sleep until 9:30. I guess you redeemed yourself. Lesson Learn: Afternoon naps are very important."

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh I am so sorry. Those nights are never fun even though so many people tell you to "enjoy" those quite moments. I'd rather enjoy them in the day:)I will keep you updated on the sleep training...the book hasn't come yet.

Kathy said...

Sweetie...... YOU DON'T MESS WITH NAP TIME! Love you!