Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, we stayed in Lubbock and had dinner with a few couples from the ward. Mike was able to go golfing in the morning while I got our part of the dinner together. One couple was from Korea and this was their first Thanksgiving with an American family. I don't think that they quite understood the concept of Thanksgiving. We asked her to bring a pie, and she was confused to see that we had also made pies. There was a several times throughout the evening that the husband asked us if we just keep eating for the rest of the day. Yes, yes we do.

Allison and I showing off our wondering Martha Stewart dinner.
I took a picture of all the goodness that I made. Here is the cranberry, sausage and apples stuffing.
Deviled Eggs: a must for left overs.
Cheese Celery: I am pretty sure that I am the only one that truly enjoyed these.
Turkey, and oh was there plenty.
Mashed Potatoes: made with a 1/2 cup of butter and a pint of cream-not the most figure friendly, but man were they delicious.
Apple Pie: not too bad for being a baked good (I wish I had my friend Elizabeth's baking instinct, but instead I struggle).

2 comments:

Dessie said...

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was so fun! And the food looks amazing. ;) Nicely done.

Elizabeth said...

How fun! We did a similar thing with some new couples in our ward over here. And I think your baking still looks tasty!