Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aging

Since I finally figured out how to change the background such that you can actually see the designed that I picked out, it would probably show that we updated our blog when in fact we haven't. So I decided to actually write something. Mike hates it when I blog without a picture and we rarely take pictures, I found one from a couple of weeks ago that I thought was worthy of blogging.

It was a Saturday night, and I was getting ready for a date night. As I was brushing through my hair, I noticed something unusual. Before I share, let me give you some background information. this last spring, I permed my hair to prep for teaching in the fall. Over the course of the summer though, the chemical that permed my hair caused my hair to be lightened by the sun. I have had 20 people ask me if I have dyed my hair. Since then, I have been very aware of my hair color and occasionally check for "the line". Back to the date night. As I was brushing through my hair, I found a gray hair. Yes, that's right. . . A GRAY HAIR. Now, I have never thought I would be the one to battle age, but when it came knocking on my door, I freaked out. The first thought that came in my head was "blasted fifth graders. Turning my hair gray". I had Mike come in and do a head check for more. Gratefully that was the only culprit.

If this is how I react with a single strand of gray hair, what am I going to do when I get saggy boobs or flabby arms.

3 comments:

Nicole and Garrett said...

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :)

Janeece, Dusty, Karl, Phillip, Rita, Hazel, and Sonora said...

You sound just like your mother!

Professor Price said...

don't worry, you are in good company. Kelli's hair is also graying and my boobs are totally sagging. Great posts